[Wikisource-l] A Notable book in CC-BY-SA license and Malayalam wikisource

Shiju Alex shijualexonline at gmail.com
Sun May 29 10:22:07 UTC 2011

Dear all,

I am Shiju Alex and I am a Malayalam Wikisource volunteer -
http://ml.wikisource.org For those who do not know,
Malayalam<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malayalam>is spoken in the
state of Kerala in South India.

We have a special case regarding a *notable Malayalam book* in Malayalam
Wikisource <http://ml.wikisource.org>. A notable writer of Malayalam (
http://issuu.com/jdevika) is ready to release some of her notable works
under  free license <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/>(Both
text and images)

Few Malayalam wikians *want to add this book to Malayalam wikisource*. But
few others argue that even though book is notable since it is a recent book
it can not be in Wikisource. They argue that only source texts which are in
public domain need to in wikisource.

I am unable to find any similar case in *English wikisource*. Could some one
please guide us regarding this? My primary question is, If a *notable* book
of a language is available in a wikisource compatibility license can that be
added to Wikisource?

If this is done is any other language, can some one please share the links.

Shiju Alex