[Wikisource-l] quality0 and transclusion

thomasV1 at gmx.de thomasV1 at gmx.de
Wed Sep 15 20:05:52 UTC 2010

Dear all,

I am planning to modify the <pages> tag, so that content from pages marked as "empty" (quality0) will either not be transcluded at all, or will be transcluded without page number, and without appending a newline character.

The main reason for this change is to improve the support for multilingual books. Currently, the <pages> tag creates an empty paragraph for each empty page that is in its list ; this means that pages with text in other languages, typically rendered with {{iwpage}}, do have a side effect.

This side effect can be observed here :
http://fr.wikisource.org/wiki/Satire_1_(Horace,_Raoul)

In this example, pages in latin generate an empty paragraph, which is visible in the transclusion ; the line spacing is too large on each page break.

Before I proceed with this change, I would like to know if it could have unexpected consequences. Please let me know if you know texts or wikis that use quality0 in an unintended way (besides de.ws).

Thomas