[Wikisource-l] Partnership with the French National Library

Seb35 seb35wikipedia at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 19:42:28 UTC 2010

Hei,

I'm from the French chapter, Wikimédia France, and I want to annonce a
good news for Wikisource. Some months ago Wikimédia France signed a
partnership ("small" but significant in France) with the French National
Library (BnF) who gives to Wikisource 1400 texts with their OCR [1].

Today these books arrived on Commons [2] and are ready to be checked by
the Wikisource community. The list is available on [3], the range of books
covers many century, different levels of confidence in the OCR and
different subjects, but most of them are in French.

Now there is work for 800 years say somebody, 20 years for another, 'don't
know, we'll see :-)

Wikimedially,
Sébastien/Seb35 (I'm presently at Wikimania, Gdańsk, Poland)

[1]
http://www.wikimedia.fr/wikimédia-france-and-french-national-library-enter-partnership-wikisource
[2] http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Books_provided_by_the_BNF
[3]