[Wikisource-l] Pages without text

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed Oct 14 16:58:27 UTC 2009

Syagrius wrote:

> If people don't want to correct this page (I understand why, and I
> guess there are the same on others wikisources), it should be tagged
> as "Without text" (meaning in this case : without text related to the
> book). But in no way it could be tagged as "Validated", as no
> contributor gave any effort on this ! This is very irrespectuous
> toward other wikisources that apply the "Without text" system.
>

> If you don't like the name "Without text" or think it's not
> appropriate, then de.ws could change it ; but the principle is right.

I interpret "without text" as meaning completely blank.  If the page
contains ads or other material put in there by the publisher it should
be noted, even if it serves no purpose to reproduce the material.
Material that was added after publication, and is specific to that copy,
could be treated differently.  If it once belonged to a famous writer
who made notes within the book, that would be important information that
should be noted.

Ec