[Wikisource-l] Changing the Main Page

jkbwiki jkbwiki at web.de
Fri Mar 6 15:16:07 UTC 2009

Hi.
Though i did not discus to this matter yet, here some thoughts.   I do not
matter much how the main page is graphically done. But it is fully
insufficient how the activity is beeing measured. The number of pages is a
very bad method. In the past, many projetcs used this to get more on the top
by bot edits (e.g. the sk.wiki did some more thousands pages of Czech
villages or meteorits, everything one line), and also some Wikisource
domains did: I remeber one that published the Bible on some more hundred od
thousand pages (just one page a verse), now the cs.source published some 770
pages of The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam (four verse a page in all). Such
decisions can have some real reasons but I guess there is also the fact to
make many pages and to get a good place in the top ten or top twenty or so.

Therefore there should be a change that shows more precisely the activity of
a subdomain.

Regards,

Jan

-jkb-