[Wikisource-l] help needed searching for pagescans and front covers

Yann Forget yann at forget-me.net
Wed Aug 13 16:44:36 UTC 2008

Lars Aronsson wrote:
> LaosLos wrote:
>
>> Why are there people who think that Wikisource is not related to
>> the act of creating something? that is, why WS is not "like a
>> publisher that prints a new edition", even when we are
>> publishing a new encyclopaedia, new textbooks, a new quote
>> database, new images... ?
>
> Could you please stay focused on Wikisource.  What exactly is
> intended to be "created" in Wikisource?  The whole purpose of
> Wikisource is to present source texts, as they were written.
> It's not really up to us to modify that content, is it?

Well, I think this discussion is right on the subject.

Wikisource may not "create" something, but I think that it could rightly
be argued that Wikisource publishes texts, even if these texts already
existed before being published in Wikisource.

Regards,

Yann
--
http://www.non-violence.org/ | Site collaboratif sur la non-violence