[Wikisource-l] future of the Wikisource

ThomasV thomasV1 at gmx.de
Sun May 6 11:46:12 UTC 2007

Instead of complaining, why are you not taking action? it is too
easy to complain about things not being done when you can do
them yourself. I do not see any reason why you could not do that.

Requesting the creation of a subdomain is very easy now. It used
to be much more difficult in the past. If I remember well :

1 - we had to organize a vote in order to convince the board that a
partition was the will of the community. a power-hungry bureaucrat
was opposing it.

2 - thousands of pages on ws.org were not categorized in languages,
I had to run a bot doing that, and its results had to be manually checked.

3 - the function Special:Import did not exist, so we had to ask developers
to hack the sql database. at the same time some users began filling their
newly created subdomains with copy-pasted pages and conflicting names.
a real mess ensued.

it seems to me that those difficulties are now gone. so what are you
waiting
for ? please stop whining and go to irc if you want to request a subdomain.

Thomas