[Wikisource-l] [Commons-l] Image donations?

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 17 13:14:15 UTC 2006

It would be very exciting to get our hands on uncommon
materials such as the Libary of Congress must have.
However I am confused about your proposal about "A
commons-project to create form requests and a queue
for processing inbound content would be useful."
What do you dislike about the current methods being
used to put scanned images on Commons and attaching
these to the OCR text at Wikisoure?  I personally have
never used these scripts myself, but judging from the
results alone I am not sure how it would be improved
on.  Looking at the histories of the pages it seems to
work rather quickly as well.  It would be very useful
if you could give us details about what problems you
see with the current system, before wwe start talking
of a new set-up.

As to educational materials for Wikibooks Wikisource
does contain a lot of things which would be useful as
a base for updated textbooks.  I do not know what
anyone at Wikibooks is particularly interested in, but
there is some room for collaboration.  Especially with
the WikiJunior people IMHO.  If anyone at those
projects is interested in what we have email me I will
gather a list for you of what I think might useful.
Sometime in the future I think it would be great if
WikiJunior expanded into having a set of purely
literary books available.  Although it would not be
actually adding new content to the world (except in
translation perhaps), putting them together would
require very little effort.   Finding free content
illustrations would probably be the most work of
anything.

Birgitte SB