[Wikiquality-l] Flagged Revisions too intrusive

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 24 18:36:55 UTC 2007

>No, this is indeed a valid concern. A feature that allows to unflag an
>article is not included. Unflagging sort of happens by creating a new
>version and flagging that one instead. So, once an article has been
>flagged, it is "in the system". However, initially no article is
>flagged.

On en.wikibooks, a major concern is the ability to "freeze" a book during a semester so that students and teachers have a consistent book version to work from. That said, we would like to have a "stable" version of the book that appears to student readers while a "development" version can continue to be worked on in the background.  I guess what I'm most interested in is:
1) The ability to show a flagged version of some pages to all readers by default, but allow development to continue on the "current revision" of the page.
2) The ability to show the current development version of pages that dont need to be frozen, by default.
Now, there are ways to do this kind of thing using clever page protections now, but I think it would be generally preferrable to have the flaggedrevs extension streamline this process for us. Is this kind of thing going to be feasible?

--andrew Whitworth