[Wikipl-l] [wojtek w tacticaltech.org: Localisation Sprint, 20-22 November]

Krzysztof P. Jasiutowicz kpj w gower.pl
Sob, 6 Lis 2004, 17:13:35 UTC

----- Forwarded message from Wojtek Bogusz <wojtek w tacticaltech.org> -----

From: Wojtek Bogusz <wojtek w tacticaltech.org>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 14:07:08 +0100
To: kpjas w wikipedia.pl, jochym w rozeta.com.pl
Subject: Localisation Sprint, 20-22 November

Witam,

Znalazlem wasze email'e w polskiej wikipedi, chcialem przeslac ponizsza
wiadomosc poniewaz organizujemy "Localisation Sprint" w Warszawie za 2
tygodnie (sorki ze tak pozno pisze). Jednym z jego elementow moglo by
byc doswiadczenie zwiazane z lokalizacja tresci (content localisation) i
byc moze kontekst PL.Wikipedi. Prosze zobaczcie informacje ponizej oraz
strone www i strony organizatorow.

Szukamy rowniez kontaktu z grupami zajmujacymi sie lokalizacja wolnego
oprogramowani w polsce - bede pisac do grupy lokalizujacej mozille i
thunderbird oraz openoffice. Ale moze mozecie kogos polecic. W kazdym
razie bardzo bylo by milo uslyszec wasze zdanie, pomysly i podpowiedzi
na ten temat i oczywiscie chcialem tez poprostu dac znac o tym
wydarzeniu w nadziei na to ze moze cos z tego kontaktu pozytywnego
wyniknac :-)

We're working to plan Asia Source
(http://www.tacticaltech.org/asiasource) for late January 2005, and as
part of the localisation training track we plan to offer there, we're
hosting the Localisation Sprint to both map what's known about
localising software for NGOs and civil society, as well as to sketch out
what localisation training looks like for eRiders, developers and
others. Some coding might happen too, but we're not making any promises :)

The official description is:

/Aspiration and Tactical Technology Collective will host a Localisation
Sprint in Warsaw, Poland from the 20th to the 22nd of November, 2004.
The event will bring together a diverse group of leaders and innovators
in software and documentation localisation for nonprofits and civil
society to share experiences, compare projects and practices, and
document the same. We invite interested individuals and organisations to
join us for this unique and valuable gathering.

/and the URL:

        http://localisationdev.org/

The web site has been a little moody last day, but we intend to make the
wiki the focal target of our output.

While we know it's extremely late for anyone to plan to be in Warsaw in
2 weeks, this an event at which we'll be actively encouraging remote
participation. We'll use a wiki web tool (PurpleWiki, courtesy of Blue
Oxen Associates) to chronicle the plannings and proceedings; such a site
allows collective editing of the pages by anyone visiting them, and we
hope that many folks will contribute their links and learnings about
this essential topic. We'll maintain the wiki as a map of "localisation
topics for NGOs" moving forward, and further update it at Asia Source.
Don't be shy about tossing links and thoughts up there in the coming
weeks (it's a blank slate as I write this :). We'll remind everyone in
a month as to what we're up to, and we promise to give better advance
notice about future localisation shindigs.

We welcome your questions and participation, and hope to hear from you!

thanks & best,
pozdrawiam i przepraszam ze po angielsku.
wojtek

----- End forwarded message -----