[Wikipedia-l] Anchors in table of contents on Wikipedia pages

K. Peachey p858snake at yahoo.com.au
Sat Sep 19 23:28:55 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 4:19 AM, Robert Chin <robert.chin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you know who I might be able to contact about this change? It seems
> like they ought to be able to use <a class="mw-headline" name="">
> rather than <span class="mw-headline" id="">. Although I guess someone
> probably already thought in depth about this change.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robert
You would submit it on our Bugzilla[1] under the MediaWiki section
with the "Page Rendering" component whilst also attaching the
"code-update-regression" keyword.

Although if I'm not mistaken this was done to allow for valid HTML5
layout or such? What is the actual browser and version you are using?

-Peachey

[1]. http://bugzilla.mediawiki.org