[Wikipedia-l] Donations/Fundrasing

Elias Friedman elipongo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 09:33:47 UTC 2008

I took that new survey that's up and the part about donating got me thinking
about  a couple of things that have been on my mind about the subject.
First, when you go to the donations page, it give you an option to make a
"one time donation". Personally I'd like to set up an automatic, periodic
donation rather than have to remember to wander by manually. Something like
$18/month is what I give some other organizations. It would be really nice
if that kind of thing could be implemented.

Second, what ever happened to our merchandise store? I think the one on
Cafepress is still there http://www.cafepress.com/wikipedia, but it isn't
linked to from the donations page anymore and good suggestions on the talk
page on meta (http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Store) have been sitting
stale without any action, some for years now. I think the store project
should be re-activated and expanded- why should others be making money from
the "citation needed" bumper stickers, for example?

--
Elias Friedman A.S., EMT-P ⚕
elipongo at gmail.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Elipongo