[Wikipedia-l] Study on Interfaces to Improving Wikipedia Quality

avani at cs.umn.edu avani at cs.umn.edu
Wed Nov 19 19:23:53 UTC 2008

Dear All,

My name is Avanidhar Chandrasekaran
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Avanidhar).

I work with GroupLens Research at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.
As part of my research, I am involved in analyzing the usefulness and
Necessity of author reputation in Wikipedia.

In lieu of this, I have simulated an Interface to color words in an article
based on their Age.

Being experienced contributors to Wikipedia, I invite you to participate in
this study, which involves the following.

1. Please visit the following Instances of wikipedia and evaluate the
interface components which have been incorporated into each of them. Each
of these use their own algorithm to color text.

a) The Wikitrust project

   http://wiki-trust.cse.ucsc.edu/index.php/Main_Page

b) The Wiki-reputation project at Grouplens research

   http://wiki-reputation.cs.umn.edu/index.php/Main_Page

2) Once you have evaluated the two interfaces, kindly complete this survey
on Wikipedia quality

  http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=hagN5S1JZHxH6pF9SmXkkA_3d_3d

We hope to get your valuable feedback on these interfaces and how Wikipedia
article quality can be improved.

Thanks for your time

Avanidhar Chandrasekaran,

GroupLens Research, University of Minnesota