[Wikipedia-l] donation banner

Jim trodel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 16:10:25 UTC 2008

I think his main problem is that you don't understand the question:

He asked "I don't know which Mediawiki special variable generates this item
so I cannot fix it on en:"

Translation: "This is not an edit to the Mediawiki software but a change
that can be made in the namespace Mediawiki - thus he can make it on the
english wikipedia by editing a page, and did not propose to make the change
to other languages, or to the software itself. He said basically, 'I'm going
to be bold and make this change, and iIf the English users disagree it will
be quickly settled the wikiway.' "

Your response: "I think that the MediaWiki software should be managed with
all the projects in mind and not just for the English language Wikipedia. "

Translation: "English users have too much power on Wikipedia and they shall
be opposed at all opportunity, so I won't bother trying to understand what
the question was, and how it totally wouldn't change the Mediawiki software.
I must throw up an objection and accuse the English speaker of being
insensitive because, like all English speakers, he assumes everyone agrees
with him."

Maybe you should READ the request before you respond. And when you realize,
if you actually did realize, that he was talking about a change to a page
rather than a programming change, not continue to promote your view.