[Wikipedia-l] (no subject)

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 10:54:03 UTC 2008

On 13/03/2008, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
>  Sad isn't it that Foundation-l as a consequence does not have the utility it
>  should have and consequently too much of the Wikipedia noise?
>  Thanks,
>      GerardM

It makes a lot of sense to me that a list with the name "foundation-l"
will be used for WMF matters and a list with the name "wikipedia-l"
will be used for matters that are relevant for all language editions
of Wikipedia.

I am active on three language editions of Wikipedia (en, he, ru), and
also lurk on several others (be-x-old, es, ca, it) and i am sometimes
frustrated by the lack of cooperation and significantly different
policies. People raise an eyebrow when i try, for example, to propose
a deletion of an article in several Wikipedias or go an extra mile to
harmonize inter-language links manually when bots misbehave.

I think that "Wikipedia-L" would be a good forum for such things.

--
Amir Elisha Aharoni

English -  http://aharoni.wordpress.com
Hebrew  - http://haharoni.wordpress.com