[Wikipedia-l] Non-notability "abuse"

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sun Sep 30 08:33:55 UTC 2007

Rich Holton wrote:
> J.L.W.S. The Special One wrote:
>
>> My sentiments exactly.

>>> I think people who don't want an article will still claim it is
>>> non-notable... even though editors are acting in good faith, from a
>>> different perspective, or whatever
> Where would that leave articles like "Joe Black is Eric Black's youngest
> brother." ?

If that is the _entirety_ of the article, without giving a hint about
who either Joe or Eric is, then all the article has is purely personal
information. Are there any links to the article?  What, if any, is the
contributor's editing history.  These should all be considerations in
making an evaluation of the article.  Perhaps a person proposing a
deletion shaold answer a series of questions that show what he has done
to check the meaningfullness of the article.

Ec