[Wikipedia-l] Non-notability "abuse"

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 21:06:38 UTC 2007

On 17/09/2007, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/17/07, Ian Tresman <ian2 at knowledge.co.uk> wrote:
> > The credibility of Velikovsky's ideas have
> > nothing to do with the Pensée series. And
> > Velikovsky never described planetary "billiards".
>
> My grandparents' library had some of his first editions.  I'm using
> one of the modern euphamisms, but I'm intimately familiar with his
> work.  It has no scientific credibility in the modern sense.

I guess we are going way off topic here, but didn't Velikovsky lay the
seeds of what eventually became the asteroid theory of the extinction
of the dinosaurs? A couple of decades back it was all ... could it
have been disease? could it have been global warming?... now many
scientists think that an asteroid strike is the most likely scenario.
Although Velikovskys ideas seem crazy with hindsight... well I'll skip
the polemic.

This debate is so much more interesting than those on the BBS, because
at the end of the day we produce something for the world to share! WP
is great!

> --
> -george william herbert
> george.herbert at gmail.com