[Wikipedia-l] Non-notability "abuse"

Ian Tresman ian2 at knowledge.co.uk
Mon Sep 17 09:39:51 UTC 2007

At 01:16 17/09/2007, you wrote:
>The magazine Pensée is notable, and nobody is questioning that. The
>article brought up for deletion was "Pensée (Immanuel Velikovsky
>Reconsidered)",  a "special series of ten issues of the magazine
>Pensée" devoted to a particular topic.
>
>I said at the AfD that the series was not notable in its own right,
>and amounted to an attempt to milk the issue for as many articles as
>possible. I also think it  would lead to excessive fragmentation for
>special issues of magazines to be notable as a matter of course, or
>for that matter most individual books in a controversy.
>
>That it was listed here as a matter of discrimination against a
>particular magazine shows only the POV of the poster.

I could find next to no verifiable material on
the original Pensée magazine, but I'm pleased
that you consider it notable nevertheless.

However, there appears to be much verifiable
material on the dedicated special issues, making
it more notable in its own right, than the
original magazine. And that's the point.

If any of the other hundreds of student magazines
listed on Wikipedia lasted only ten issues, then
I'm sure that notability would not be an issue.

It's shame that you had to have a dig about my
"POV". Encyclopedias are full of POVs, but was is
important is that they are described neutrally and with reliable sources.

By the way, you appear to have voted twice in the AfD.

Regards,

Ian Tresman
www.plasma-universe.com