[Wikipedia-l] Multilingual error messages - need proof-reading

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 13:22:04 UTC 2007

Mark Ryan wrote:
> Hello.
>
> As a few people may know, the Green Screen of Death multilingual error
> message on Wikimedia is my baby. Since it's now 2 years old, and since
> several people had dissed its javascript etc, I recently started
> re-coding it and adding several languages.
>
> I have spoken with so many kind, friendly Wikipedians who speak other
> languages, and they have been incredibly helpful to me by providing
> translations and putting up with my incessant popping into their IRC
> questions to ask silly questions in English.
>
> Anyway, after almost a couple of months, I finally have all the
> translations together. I would now like people who are fluent in these
> languages to proof-read the messages, and mark them in the table on
> this page as checked:
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Multilingual_error_messages/Draft
>
> Additionally, some of the languages there need some links to be inserted.
>
> Thanks for your time. Any help that people can give me in this by
> doing this proof-reading will be rewarded with warm thank-yous and
> WikiLove.
>
> ~Mark Ryan

The word donate links to wikimediafoundation.org Will that page be
available under the circunstances under which the message is shown?
(eg. s3 goes down)

Also, all translations link to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reload Not
only it's not localised, but the page is a disambiguation which doesn't
explain _how_ to reload a page (which is the only utility i see to link
that page) The same concern for being to a internal page applies.

Finally, this message use to have a Donation form at the botton. Can it
be translated, too?

PS: Roberto & Rodolfo, i updated the es: translation.