[Wikipedia-l] Anti-vandalism proposal

Stanley Wurangian stanley at e-intidata.com
Wed Oct 31 09:24:39 UTC 2007

On MediaWiki patrol feature, multiple edits on one page still need to be
patrolled per single edit. This is inefficient (bug 8697). We from
id.wikipedia requested that feature but still not start to use it
because of that issue.

Stanley

Finne Boonen wrote:
> On 10/30/07, Casey Brown <cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 10/30/07, Pingveno <pingveno at comcast.net> wrote:
>>> I am working on a new anti-vandalism application for Wikipedia and the
>>> other
>>> Wikimedia projects. Before I get really deep into coding, I need to make
>>> sure
>>> that it will actually be used.
>>>
>>> The basic problem that the application addresses is vandalism getting
>>> through
>>> Wikipedia's vandalism catching systems. The Wikipedia community does an
>>> excellent job overall, but every once in a while vandalism (subtle or
>>> obvious) gets through. I personally have come across a few pieces of
>>> vandalism that were months old.
>>>
>>> The way the problem is addressed is to gather all edits together on a
>>> central
>>> server. Approved users would connect to the server and examine the edits
>>> for
>>> vandalism. If a certain number of users approve the edit it is removed