[Wikipedia-l] PDF generation on the toolserver

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 20:32:04 UTC 2007

Magnus Manske wrote:
> On a note by [[User:Korrigan]], I have adapted (rather, rewritten) the
> PDF Export extension for the toolserver. You can now get a single or
> multiple Wiki(m|p)edia pages as a PDF, by entering/linking to an URL.
> As the extension, I am using HTMLDOC, so the output is as good (or as
> bad) as that package. Don't blame me.
>
> I shall demonstrate using our new meme overlord, [[Horse-ripping]],
> and the related article [[Zoosadism]] from en.wikipedia:
> http://tools.wikimedia.de/~magnus/pdf.php?title=Horse-ripping|Zoosadism
>
> Additional parameters (add them to the URL):
> &language=XX (XX being the language code; en is default)
> &project=wikibooks (default:wikipedia)
> &nogfdl (3 pages of GFDL are appended by default; add this parameter
> to prevent that)
>
> I haven't figured out how to make HTMLDOC generate a TOC. Maybe tomorrow.
>
> Cheers,
> Magnus
Great!
Sadly, HTMLDOC doesn't properly support CSS.
Compare http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colores_HTML#Tabla_de_colores with
http://tools.wikimedia.de/~magnus/pdf.php?title=Colores_HTML&language=es

Maybe we should have hyperlinks on blue?
Should GFDL be appended in a new page?
What about giving a list link to the history?