[Wikipedia-l] OpenStreetMap's first edit war

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 23:52:54 UTC 2007

*grin* /me remembers the epic Danzig / Gdańsk naming conflict and similar wars (such as
Animal Names and capitalization standards thereof). The carnage...

For those who came after that, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Free_City_of_Danzig#Free_City_of_Danzig

And our detractors said we would fight like that over things like abortion or Hitler. Nope - what
things are named has been far more controversial.

Odd.

--mav