[Wikipedia-l] Using Wikipedia to Extend Digital Collections

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Thu May 24 19:09:21 UTC 2007

On 5/24/07, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at waterwiki.info> wrote:

> [...]

They have been encountered :) They are great people, really enthusiastic
about the project and about Wikipedia, and this is a good paper as well --
it has actual data about how adding the links drove up their traffic.
Intuitively obvious, I suppose, but it's nice to be able to have something
to point at. The links, it should be pointed out, are to digitized special
collections of primary source material -- such as photographs from WWII or
about people from Seattle; they are historical collections only, not trying
to sell anything.

The other nice thing about this paper is it gives very explicit, step by
step descriptions of what they did, with advice -- a good resource for your
local library or museum people if they want to try something similar.

-- phoebe