[Wikipedia-l] Quality, audience and policies (apparently) colliding... what a mess!

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Tue May 8 17:17:49 UTC 2007

As you say, editors can be encouraged to write redlinks or stubs when
other editors do not delete them as a matter of principle, from an
opinion that there should be only full articles, to be written off
line and then added.

A small number of determined individuals can hold out against
consensus on policy indefinitely if they are not too conspicuous. (I
do not mean an organized group, just individuals who separately have
come to think this way).

The remedy is to make them conspicuous, and see which view is more
generally accepted.  It takes a corresponding number of equally
determined individuals to accomplish this.

>      B. How can editors be encouraged at writing something which is
>         actually a redlink or stub? I have seen a user removing the
>         redlink and maybe even complaining because there was one.
> Massimo

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.