[Wikipedia-l] Look Who's Using Wikipedia ... gerardm

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 06:54:32 UTC 2007

Frederick Noronha schreef:
> Yeah, I'm trying... but it has not been very easy convincing others
> about what seems to be a "counter-intuitive" idea ... ("anyone being
> able to edit me writing... whaaat?")
>
> We're also having a script war going on here amidst Kok. But I think
> it will happen one day, hopefully sooner rather than later. FN
>
> On 10/03/07, Mark Williamson <node.ue at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, you could certainly take the lead by writing good articles for
>> http://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wp/kok/ . It is currently empty
>> because of lack of participation.

Hoi,
I have had a look at Konkani, the code currently in use on the Incubator
will not necessarily lead to new project. Konkani is in ISO-639-3 no
longer considered to be a single language. There are currently seven
languages that all make up Konkani; they are

    Katkari  [kfu
    <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=kfu>] (India
    <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=IN>)

    Konkani  [knn
    <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=knn>] (India
    <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=IN>)

    Konkani, Goanese  [gom
    <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=gom>] (India
    <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=IN>)

    Kukna  [kex <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=kex>]
    (India <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=IN>)

    Phudagi  [phd
    <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=phd>] (India
    <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=IN>)

    Samvedi  [smv
    <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=smv>] (India
    <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=IN>)

    Varli  [vav <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=vav>]
    (India <http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=IN>)

This means that you can forget about a script war; the paricipant of
these script wars will probably belong to one of these seven. The first
battle you will have to fight is the clarification of what it is that
you want.

Thanks,
    GerardM

http://www.ethnologue.com/show_family.asp?subid=92010