[Wikipedia-l] About creating a new language on Wikipedia

Berto 'd Sera albertoserra at ukr.net
Fri Jul 20 11:51:34 UTC 2007

Hopefully it would. Yet the requesters disappeared. We have tried to contact
them to clarify a few details before approving their request, but got no
answer thus far.

The actual problem is that they are mixing languages in their incubator
project and temptatively building a koiné of finnish languages in the area.
This is not allowed. One language is one wiki.

So if you can contact any of them, pls let them know that they can have two
wikies but not a common Veps-Karelian wiki.

As per social prestige... yes, my impression is exactly that. I suppose most
of their problems is based on that factor. People perceive "not being Veps"
as a social status upgrade.

Bèrto 'd Sèra
Personagi dl'ann 2006 për l'arvista american-a Time (tanme tuti vojàotri)
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1569514,00.html