[Wikipedia-l] About creating a new language on Wikipedia

Berto 'd Sera albertoserra at ukr.net
Thu Jul 12 13:19:18 UTC 2007

Hoi,

As previously stated, we do not make any decision about what is a language
and what is not. The source making all such decisions for us is ISO 639-3.
We simply import their standard.

Currently they do not classify Valencian as an independent language, so we
cannot open a wikipedia in that language. If you feel that ISO is in error
you should open a request for an ISO code for Valencian.

It's not very easy, yet if you have strong scientific arguments to back your
request they may well consider it.

Berto 'd Sera
Personagi dl'ann 2006 per l'arvista american-a Time (tanme tuti vojaotri)
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1569514,00.html