[Wikipedia-l] About creating a new language on Wikipedia

James R. Johnson modean52 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 11 01:37:35 UTC 2007

English spoken in one country (USA) is the same as in another (England).  There are dialect differences, pronunciation differences, vocabulary, but I can understand an Englishman (unless he says 'Congress are'! :) ), and he can understand me.  I can talk to an Aussie, and she can talk to me.  It seems to be the case as well for Valencian and Catalan.  Same as for Brazilian and Portugal-based Portuguese.  There are vocabulary and perhaps spelling differences, but it's still Portuguese.

James