[Wikipedia-l] About creating a new language on Wikipedia

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 16:19:19 UTC 2007

Hoi,
In the language committee we are not really happy with artificial languages
or with languages long dead that are given a new lease of life because "we
can". In dead languages you have to do original research in order to be able
to name the concepts that are modern and foreign to that language as we know
it. Wikipedia is not about original research and you have to create new
words and in the process change the language in order to write an
encyclopaedia that is to be used in this day and age.
Thanks,
     Gerard