[Wikipedia-l] About creating a new language on Wikipedia

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 14:42:05 UTC 2007

> Our friends and I we're very surprised about the answers replied to my mail
> account because we consider Valencian different to Catalan and that's why we
> want to start our Wikipedia. We have a lot of articles and info explaining
> those differences, we have our culture, different to Catalonian culture, our
> traditions and our celebrations. We want to put this in our Wikipedia, but
> first you must understand that Valencian is not Catalan. I repeat the
> answer: Anybody can help?

Differences in culture, traditions and celebrations aren't really
relevant. It's just the language that is significant. Is the Valencian
language significantly different to the Catalan language? Articles on
the Valencian culture should be accepted on any Wikipedia, written in
the appropriate language - the language of a Wikipedia doesn't effect
what subjects are written about there, just what language they are
written in.