[Wikipedia-l] school articles : enough

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Jan 29 21:14:30 UTC 2007

Berto 'd Sera wrote:

>>There's more to writing about companies than such
>>POV exposés..
>>

>LOL, this sounds funny, as I am myself a Radical Constructivist :) I do not
>believe there is anything in man's mind apart from POVs... so there is also
>nothing that can be written, apart from POVs. The very idea of the existence
>of NPOV things is absolutely POV. :)

Your premise is true enough.  NPOV represents a consensus of the
differing POVs that have been offered to the article.  Ideally each edit
brings us closer to NPOV, but only rarely can it be completely achieved.

>Anyway, we have is a procedure called "consensus". If I wanted to candidate
>my POV for consensus I would not write it here. I'd click on a big number of
>Edit tabs and make it happen, which is not what I'm doing. Not that I'm not
>interested in being a winner, simply I do not give a damn about what gets
>published about company X, since I sold all my stocks many years ago and
>never got robbed again :))) I'd rather write about what can be of use for my
>beloved self, as anybody else.

Isn't that what we all do?

>>Our coverage of corporations is seriously deficient.
>>

>So click on those "edit" tabs and make it better People write about what is
>interesting to them. What you say basically means that wikimedians aren't
>interested in corporate economy enough for them to write about it...

The point that I was making there was that applying restrictions to what
makes a corporation notable is meaningless when there is no movement to
add this stuff in the first place.

Ec