[Wikipedia-l] school articles : enough

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 01:30:31 UTC 2007

Just like companies, a school can be notable for being a widely
publicized failure. In the one case it may no longer be listed on a
stock exchange, in the other, there may be no notable alumni.

Notability should not depend on the size or success or the nature of
the community. It's a question of there being something worth writing
about. There is no point in merely repeating directory information
findable on the web, & if more cannot be said, there should be no
article.

Of the NYC public elementary schools, 2 have articles  in WP. They are
both excellent schools. One of them wrote a few lines about where it
is located & which school board it's in. The other has a real article.
What we need is good articles, and while we accept anything in some
areas, we do not encourage good articles.  -DGG