[Wikipedia-l] Entries for deletion.... issues from the Third World

gwern branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 14:56:40 UTC 2007

On 1/9/07, J.L.W.S. The Special One <hildanknight at gmail.com> wrote:
> A very interesting and comprehensive post.
>
> You forgot to mention about the language barrier.
>
> I agree that verifiability is important, but making it compulsory
> introduces problems such as systemic bias.
>
> Where should we raise this issue for further discussion?
>
> I've been working on an article on a Singaporean movie - I Not Stupid.
> It's close to GA status, but there is very little referenced
> information on the production of the film. My friend suggested I
> interview Jack Neo - my idol, who wrote the movie. Since his child
> studies in my school, getting an interview is not out of the question.
> The problem is: how do I publish it?

That's an easy one: anywhere that will have it. I personally use
[[TOTSE]] for such material. You may then ask how it's verifiable:
well, your text file on TOTSE would include your name or at least your
Wikipedia identity, and we trust you to be who you say you are bar
oddities, so... I would suggest the Internet Archive or Project
Gutenberg if the two of you were willing to go public domain, but the
point is that finding text file hosts online is really not that
difficult (how difficult is it to set up a blog, for example?).

And you can always keep a backup in your userspace - if userspace
cannot be used for backing up primary materials used in articles and
to which you hold the copyright, then IMO we've gone way too far in
restricting its usage.

And there's always Wikisource, but I guess you would have to ask
someone else to upload it. I think they bar original works created by
contributors, but I'm not sure.

--Gwern