[Wikipedia-l] Entries for deletion.... issues from the Third World

Steve subsume at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 14:03:21 UTC 2007

As I see it, an "original research" / "nonverifiable" witchhunt started last
year. I think there is far too much "Wikipedia Caselaw" justifying removal
of content for mere suspicion.

I'm glad as well, and surprised this topic picked up so much steam!  I hope
the result is a few practical, actionable process changes to afd/speedy.

One thing I caught a lot of flak for was deleting votes that contained
absolutely no logic or even comment. My reasoning for this was based on
WP:LAW that explained the voting process isn't about a headcount, but about
reaching consensus. What consensus was such a voter attempting to reach?
(except, of course, technical consensus via majority rule).

-S