[Wikipedia-l] Entries for deletion.... issues from the Third World

pekka.gronow at yle.fi pekka.gronow at yle.fi
Tue Jan 9 12:07:18 UTC 2007

Mark Williamson wrote:

Well, what if I know the truth, but it is not written anywhere? What
if I interview 100 people to make sure they agree, and they do? What
if it is common knowledge in my village, which nobody will challenge?

The answer: it will be labeled "unverifiable" or "non-notable" and
deleted.

NOT NECESSARILY. If an article is based on oral sources, you could at
least make a note that "the information is based on interviews with 100
people, made in the village of X between dates y and z. Copies of
interviews are deposited at m." Then we'd know what is the factual basis,
and the article could be useful as such.

Pekka Gronow