[Wikipedia-l] Entries for deletion.... issues from the Third World

Frederick Noronha fred at bytesforall.org
Mon Jan 8 15:59:06 UTC 2007

Hmmm... some interesting issues being raised below. Just for argument
sake: what happens if an "un-notable" entry makes it to Wikipedia?
Would it be a grave error? Notability, after all, is mostly related to
context. Would Shakespeare have been as "noted" a writer, if he had to
be born in, say, Upper Egypt?

I think the problem lies elsewhere. The trouble is: people or
institutions being packaged to be what they are not. Or bloated claims
about institutions or organisations or individuals.

Rather than just delete entries for being un-notable, perhaps we need
to find ways to ensure that what's written is both accurate and
tallies with the reality. --FN

--
FN M: 0091 9822122436 P: +91-832-240-9490 (after 1300IST please)
http://fn.goa-india.org  http://fredericknoronha.wordpress.com