[Wikipedia-l] Entries for deletion.... issues from the Third World

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 14:23:04 UTC 2007

2007/1/7, Frederick Noronha <fred at bytesforall.org>:

> Should we presume that because an initiative is not very visible in
> cyberspace (okay, we are under-digitised societies!) that it is not
> prominent or noteworthy?

No, but it does work the other way around: we need some kind of indication
that it is prominent or noteworthy, and cyberspace-presence is one of the
easier ways to get such an indication.

See as one example:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikalp This is a campaign against
> censorship of documentary film in India, one which has the
> participation of about 250 documentary film-makers.

When I Google for:

Vikalp "films for freedom"

which would be a quite specific search, I still get 500+ hits. If it were
notable,

There must be some way out. Your suggestions would be welcome. FN

Well, in the ideal case, the article itself would be enough to judge
notability, and a Google search would only be necessary if there were doubts
about the actual correctness of the notability claims.

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels