No subject

Sat Jan 6 13:53:56 UTC 2007

non-Jews towards Jews, with a great many of them directly caused by
NSDAP propaganda (and the whole Jews killed Jesus thing quite common in
both the Catholic and Lutheran churches of the time).   I'm all for
NPOV, but isn't part of the NPOV credo that minority views that confound
reality don't get included?  There is a Flat Earth society, but we don't
mention them in the article about Copernicus' theory as having a valid
minority viewpoint.

In the case of the Holocaust, there is a fairly large minority
world-wide of people who deny the Holocaust.  I am on an educator
listserve where a teacher SE Asia asked how to deal with the fact that
most of her high school students really thought the Nazi flag was cool
and whose general impression of Hitler was that he'd been a good leader
for the German people.  Most had not heard of the Holocaust, and those
who did thought reports were exaggerated.  Clearly, westerners are more
focused on the European Theater in WWII and the holocaust because it
directly affected our own history more dramatically.  Still I would hate
to think that, in the cause of NPOV, we put out articles that were
misleading.

I'll stop preaching for the moment.

Jules

Regards,

Julie Hofmann Kemp
253-638-1944
206-310-3461

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C25059.E70681F0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.0.4630.0">
<TITLE>Re: Helga again</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#008000" FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS">Jimmy Wales =
said:</FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">I think we could say: &quot;Tensions =
between Jews and non-Jews in Germany had been growing for several years, =
as evidenced by thus and such actual facts that actually happened.&quot; =
</FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">-- Jimmy, even that kind of implies a =
some kind of mutual antagonism -- From everything I've read, the =
tensions were almost entirely&nbsp; created by non-Jews towards Jews, =
with a great many of them directly caused by NSDAP propaganda (and the =
whole Jews killed Jesus thing quite common in both the Catholic and =
Lutheran churches of the time).&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm all for NPOV, but isn't =
part of the NPOV credo that minority views that confound reality don't =
get included?&nbsp; There is a Flat Earth society, but we don't mention =
them in the article about Copernicus' theory as having a valid minority =
viewpoint.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">In the case of the Holocaust, there is =
a fairly large minority world-wide of people who deny the =
Holocaust.&nbsp; I am on an educator listserve where a teacher SE Asia =
asked how to deal with the fact that most of her high school students =
really thought the Nazi flag was cool and whose general impression of =
Hitler was that he'd been a good leader for the German people.&nbsp; =
Most had not heard of the Holocaust, and those who did thought reports =
were exaggerated.&nbsp; Clearly, westerners are more focused on the =
European Theater in WWII and the holocaust because it directly affected =
our own history more dramatically.&nbsp; Still I would hate to think =
that, in the cause of NPOV, we put out articles that were =
misleading.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">I'll stop preaching for the =
moment&#8230;</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Jules</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#008080" FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS">Regards, </FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#008080" FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS">Julie Hofmann Kemp =
</FONT>

<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#008080" FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS">253-638-1944</FONT>

<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#008080" FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS">206-310-3461</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C25059.E70681F0--