[Wikipedia-l] Entries getting delete...

Gurch matthew.britton at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 17 12:37:10 UTC 2007

the wub wrote:
> On 13/04/07, J.L.W.S. The Special One <hildanknight at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Chen Liping is among Singapore's top actresses. In terms of fame,
>> success, etc. she is probably only matched by Zoe Tay and Fann Wong.
>> The last time I read her article, it mentioned that she had won
>> several awards, and I added a sentence about her starring in the movie
>> The Best Bet. Was this an insufficient assertion of notability, that
>> the article was speedied?
>>

> Looking at it, this article was rightly speedied as a copyright violation
> from http://www.mediacorptv.com/celeb_bios/chenliping_index.htm<http://www.mediacorptv.com/celeb_bios/chenliping_index.htm%29>.
> Though how most people are meant to figure that out from the cryptic code
> CSD G12 is anyone's guess.

Administrators who use those codes are supposed to link to the relevant
part of the speedy deletion criteria page, thus:

[[WP:CSD#G12|CSD G12]]

Clicking on such a link then brings up the full reason for deletion.

As with many things that are only "supposed" to be done, and not policy,
it often isn't.

-Gurch