[Wikipedia-l] From Romanian Wikipedia, the Nazi Encyclopedia

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sun Apr 15 23:35:51 UTC 2007

Berto 'd Sera wrote:

>It's not abstract principles we deal with, it's real facts, as written in
>problem to translate the material and let it speak for itself. Anyway, as I
>told to Francis and John right from the start, it's a BIG mistake to present
>insulated fragments in such cases. Most people cannot read the original, and
>as a result in a few minutes you're going to discuss about empty principles,
>instead of dealing with a naked fact, as it should be.

When you bring this to an international mailing list all we CAN deal
with is general principles.  I cannot say whether you or your opponents
are correct if I cannot read Romanian.

I also strongly believe in the autonomy of each project.  That implies
that each project must be free to develop its own policies without
outside interference.  There are nevertheless top level principles which
must be followed on all projects.  The leadership of the project (the
bureaucrats?) need to accept responsibility for this, and for the
practical applications of the principles, and the Board needs to avoid
micromanaging by taking action only in the most egregious of circumstances.

Ec