[Wikipedia-l] Entries getting delete...

Maury Markowitz maury_markowitz at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 13 15:22:46 UTC 2007

>These lazy admins should be treated in the same way they treat
>contributors.  Persistent refusal to treat users with respect should be
>grounds to initiate a request to de-admin.

Agreed, but then this might be even more difficult to enforce.

Another suggestion, this one is simpler and requires no work on the part of
any admin. Simply change the A7 to make it very clear that the criterion
only applies to *patently obvious* V, AD or N articles. This is *not* clear
now, yet this is indeed the spirit of A7. In fact, in every example that's
been posted here, the *patently obvious* criterion was not met.

This shifts the burden of proof away from the editor. IE, if they simply
write a poor quality article, that alone is cannot be used for speedy. Only
if the article *clearly notes it's own non-compliance* would it be a
candidate for speedy.

For instance, an article about "bob, the guy that lives next to me and
drinks a lot of beer" could be speedied because it actually explicitly
denies notability. This sort of thing actually covers the vast majority of
A7's. On the other hand "bob, they guy that loves next to me, is an actor
that has been in several tv shows" should not be speedied, unless it also
fails a more in-depth check, failing V or some other criterion as well.

Generally, one admin's concept of N should *not* be grounds for speedy
unless the article is *obviuously* unimportant by it's own contents.

Maury