[Wikipedia-l] Regards marking article revisions as stable

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 08:08:36 UTC 2007

On 13/04/07, Virgil Ierubino <virgil.ierubino at gmail.com> wrote:

> If there was a way to pick out a revision
> as being error-free (I assume, synonymous with "stable"), Wikipedia could
> potentially progress towards being an academically-citable encyclopedia.

My understanding is that "stable" is simply that. Not right, not
approved, but... stable. A non-vandalised version of the current
consensus on the article - you'll see the revisions from before
someone vandalised it, or before a violent edit war kicked off, as the
stable version, but it doesn't mean they need to have been
individually factchecked.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk