[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia references a source of anxiety (TheAustralian)

Fred Bauder fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Wed Apr 11 13:43:14 UTC 2007

I was watching the Evening News on ABC the other night and out of Peter Jenning's mouth came a bunch of garbage about how making ethanol from corn was going to increase the price of food: bread, pork, etc were all going to rise in price due to production of ethanol. No analysis of the corn market, alternative sources of supply, of the general worldwide depression of agriculture that has existed since the horse was abandoned for the motor vehicle.  No mention that doubling of the price of corn would only result in a few cent price rise of a loaf of bread. (most of the costs are due to production and distribution).

I listened to how wrong and poor the information was and contemplated the wiki world, where such biased garbage would have a half-life of only a few minutes. I've been a captive audience in a few college classes that were no better. They got you, keep you in the dark and feed you horseshit.

Fred