[Wikipedia-l] [WikiJA-l] Korean servers to be shuffled: ja, ko, ms, th Wikipedias moving

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Fri Sep 29 00:41:51 UTC 2006

Brion Vibber wrote:
> Just a heads-up; we're planning to move the backend hosting for
> Japanese, Korean, Malay, and Thai Wikipedias from our Korean server
> cluster (yaseo) back to the main servers in Florida (pmtpa) later this
> week.

We'll start at about 18:00 UTC Friday evening (1am Thailand, 2am Malaysia, 3am
Japan and Korea). It will take a few hours to dump the databases, copy them, and
re-import them, but if everything goes smoothly we hope to have these wikis back
to read-write sometime late Saturday morning local time.

There will also be a brief read-only period for most of our other wikis when we
switch database servers during the import. That should last only a few minutes,
and will not affect en.wikipedia.org (which is on a different database server).
It should be some time in late evening or night European time.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)