[Wikipedia-l] Extension to [[MediaWiki:Bad image list]]

Tim Starling tstarling at wikimedia.org
Mon Sep 25 11:26:37 UTC 2006

gwern branwen wrote:
> Reading that page leads me to believe that this is a quick hack which
> filters all edits to the relevant pages,  and somewhat of a
> performance hog.  Doesn't seem like something that could be applied to
> thousands and thousands of images or pages.

I wouldn't call it a quick hack, and it is fast enough in its current
application. But it is most certainly not intended for fair use enforcement
and it would indeed scale quite poorly if an attempt was made to use it that
way. The filter applies to page views, not edits, so it acts retroactively
for history views and diffs.

-- Tim Starling