[Wikipedia-l] Domain parking

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 21:12:19 UTC 2006

On 12/09/06, Brad Patrick <bradp.wmf at gmail.com> wrote:
> I very much appreciate the discussion about problem domains.
>
> It would benefit WMF greatly if we had the following:
>
> -List of problem domains (is there a page?)
> -Petition engine to capture usernames against use of said domains
>
> That will give us what we need to pursue action as laid out by Akash with a
> minimum of WMF resources having to dedicate time to it.

I can't face looking at the various .org, .net, etc. domains just now,
but I've made a first pass at sorting out the list of known ccTLDs -

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Domain_names#National_domains_.28ccTLDs.29

Some of these are unregistered; quite a few are inactive or holding
pages; at least three are pretty clear squatters.

(As an aside, I note that Bomis owns wikipedia.co.uk, but this is
currently inactive - could we poke someone to get this up again?
Redirecting to the portal at wikimedia.co.uk would be great...)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk