[Wikipedia-l] Domain parking

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Sep 12 19:53:33 UTC 2006

At what point do we become subject to the law of diminishing returns?
The possible variations on our different wikinames, national domains and
undotted language codes could rapidly get completely out of hand.

If a person cybersquats one of these names with malicious intent it's
hard to imagine that he will be impressed by a petition with 1,000
signatures.  Even when we manage to wrest one of these names away there
comes a point where the cumulative burden of keeping all these names
protected is just not cost effective.

Ec