[Wikipedia-l] Lists of book references and external links

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 07:35:16 UTC 2006

On 02/09/06, Akash Mehta <draicone at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, what do you mean by a central bibliographical reference base?

There are various mooted plans on en: to have a central list of
reference works that can be just referenced in an article. (I'm not
entirely convinced this is workable or won't make editing the wikitext
syntax seems to work nicely, for example.)

> could code it, if I knew what I was coding. Currently we have the
> <reference> system, which is simple enough, but getting entries in the
> right format is hard.

I tend never to worry about the format, as making sure there's a
decent reference at all is the main struggle at the moment; if someone
else cares they'll go over it later.

>Using the cite templates makes life simple, but
> not everyone knows about them. Is there a wikiproject on improving
> wikipedia's bibliographical standards?

Probably several :-)

- d.