[Wikipedia-l] Dream a little...

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Tue Oct 17 02:00:14 UTC 2006

Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> On 10/16/06, Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com> wrote:
>> Lars Aronsson wrote:
>>> Somebody has wasted their life, and all they have left now is a
>>> big bag of money.  Poor souls!  And now they want to attach the
>>> name of Wikipedia to a "big donation" in their name, as if this
>>> was something Wikipedia just couldn't do without.
>> I said nothing about a donation.
>
> I say we pretend that it was a possible donation and that Lars'
> impolitic response on a public list just cost us $100 million and that
> we begin to tar and feather him accordingly.

:)  Well, no.  Lars was just speaking his mind, it is natural.  I don't
agree with his tone, but I suspect that he would like it even less
(though I can't be sure) that someone is brainstorming about sustainable
(i.e. business model, i.e. profitable) ways that the culture might be
transformed from proprietary to free.

--Jimbo