[Wikipedia-l] Dream a little...

Erik Zachte erikzachte at infodisiac.com
Sun Oct 15 23:36:34 UTC 2006

> > On the other hand, if he's only asking 5$, we could probably raise
> > enough money to ransom it just in en.

Gregory Maxwell:
> or instead figure out how to support similar efforts which would not
> hold us for ransom:
>
> http://dejavu.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

I don't feel the term 'ransom' is appropriate here. James Kass deserves
appraisal for his amazing effort which borders on volunteerism anyway.
He did not ask for a buyout, in fact he has nothing to do with my proposal
yet.

I did not know of DejaVu and it looks promising as well, but not yet as far
developed in number of languages supported.

I do admit Code2000 is less appropriate for Latin body text, but it would be
very helpful for extending the language support of Wikimedia e.g. for
EasyTimeline, and judging from the response of GerardM for WiktionaryZ, and
many more applications outside Wikimedia.

Ben Yates:
> Code2000 brings up a lot of error messages on my machine (OS X 10.4,
intel).

I use it on Windows and Pocket PC without problems.

Erik Zachte